Community News: June 9, 2020
As many of us come together (live or virtually) in demonstrations, peaceful protests, and a unified call for justice we remember the advocates and the successful protests from the past (click here for the full article)
Our Networking/Support for Supporters Group meets tonight
Tuesday – one meeting per week (new)
5:15 – 6:30 pm Eastern
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 851 2543 5466
Can’t join us tonight?
Many other organizations offer support for peer supporters
( click here to learn more)
Lunchtime learning opportunity (Wednesday)
June 10, 12:00 -- 1:30 pm Eastern
Peer Workforce Integration, Action Planning and Implementation:
Session 4: Evaluating the Implementation
Sessions 1-3 were recorded. To access program descriptions and recordings for previous sessions, click here.
Want to know more about what’s happening?
· For upcoming events, visit the Calendar.
· For 200+ job openings statewide, visit the Job Bank.
· For support groups for peer supporters, visit Support.
· For resources for the peer support workforce, visit Resources.
· For the Faces & Places of Peer Support webinar series, click here.
· For research studies seeking participants, click here.
· For recently posted blog topics and authors, click here.
· For current and back issues of Community News, click here.
To join the Academy of Peer Services Virtual Community, click here.
Academy of Peer Services – Online Courses and Updates
Term 2, 2020 is now open and will be in session until July 20th. We hope you’ve been having a productive term so far!
APS Continuing Education
The following courses were recently released.
- Building Financial Hope: Guidance for SSA Recipients, Providers, and Supporters (2.0 CE)
- Supporting Older Adults Part 1: Honoring Their Strengths (1.5 CE)
- Supporting Older Adults Part 2: Live Transitions (1.5 CE)
- Supporting Older Adults Part 3: Our Elders Speak (2.0 CE)
Elective Course Updates:
Two elective courses have been substantially revised to reflect updates from the Social Security Administration and are now available again:
- Moving Beyond Disability (4 Hours)
- Social Security Entitlements (2 Hours)
Technology issues: If you encounter technical issues with any of the courses, remember to send email to Maryam, our user support specialist at email@example.com
This is an informational message from the Academy of Peer Services and the Virtual Learning Community, to provide updates on the Academy operational status and continuing learning opportunities for the APS community.