Dear APS Learners,
Welcome back! Term 3 2020 launches today at 12:00 pm. Please see some important announcements and updates.
New CE Offerings remain online:
The APS Continuing Education (CE) courses that were launched for Summer Term remain available.
· Building Financial Hope: Guidance for SSA Recipients, Providers, and Supporters [AS1]
· Supporting Older Adults Part 1: Honoring Their Strengths
· Supporting Older Adults Part 2: Life Transitions
· Supporting Older Adults Part 3: Our Elders Speak
· Peer Workforce Integration (An Introduction): A needs-based toolkit
· Peer Workforce Integration Session 1: Getting the Conversation Started
· Peer Workforce Integration Session 2: Building a Plan
· Peer Workforce Integration Session 3: Keeping the Action Active
· Peer Workforce Integration Session 4: Evaluating the Implementation
Elective Courses Under Review:
Three Elective courses are being revised and will be relaunched in the future:
· Cultural Competency for Peer Providers
· Recovery through Psychiatric Rehabilitation
· Integrated Dual Diagnosis and Treatment
Course Catalog for Term 3 Now Available:
The Term 3 Course Catalog provides more details on these and other course that are now being offered. The catalog will be updated as courses relaunch and new courses are made available.
Term 3 begins at noon today (August 17) and ends at 5:00 pm on November 23, 2020.
APS Survey on Training:
Please take a few moments to help us identify training programs for peer support specialists. The survey should only take approximately 10 minutes to complete. This survey was developed to identify in-person and virtual study groups offered to learners working on Academy of Peer Services (APS) coursework. The purpose of gathering this information is to help people access learning communities to successfully complete APS course work and post-tests required for New York Peer Support Specialist Certification. Thank you for your valuable contribution to this effort!
We wish you a productive term, stay safe and visit us often!
The APS Team