Subject: Invitation to join Advisory Council on integrated Office of Addiction and Mental Health Services
Good Day! Please see forwarded information below. We encourage you to sign up for these subcommittees. Individuals who receive services, family members, advocates, and Peer Specialists are strongly encouraged to participate.
Amanda Saake, LMSW, CPRP, NYCPS-P
Special Assistant to the Commissioner
Director, Office of Consumer Affairs
Below please find an invitation from Lauri Cole, John Coppola, and Amy Dorin to participate in a Statewide Advisory Council on the creation of a new, integrated Office of Addiction and Mental Health Services (OAMHS). We are forwarding this message to our network of providers, advocates, and other stakeholders to raise awareness. The registration deadline for these workgroups is this Wednesday, February 24th.
<<Begin Forwarded Message>>
As you know, the Governor’s FY 2022 executive budget proposal includes language that would, if enacted as written, create a new Office of Addiction and Mental Health Services (OAMHS). It is anticipated, if done correctly, that the result will be a better and more integrated approach to care for those we serve, and a more streamlined and cohesive service delivery system in which providers can operate more efficiently and offer the highest quality of care at all times.
Advocates requested a formal mechanism for providing feedback to OASAS/OMH as they work to create a new OAMHS and that stakeholders have a meaningful role in the design of the new agency. In that regard, we are convening a Statewide Advisory Council and are inviting you and/or designees from your agency to participate.
The work of the initiative will take place via a set of workgroups that will each address a critical aspect in the shaping of the new agency. Each workgroup will be time-limited and will run for only 3 meetings.
Currently, the following workgroups are envisioned:
· Structure of the NYS Office of Addiction and Mental Health Services: Meetings will be on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 on March 1, March 8, and March 15
· Regulatory Framework for OAMHS: Meetings will be on Mondays at 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. on March 1, March 8, and March 15
· Access to Integrated Care: Meetings will be on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on March 2, March 9, and March 16
· Agency Culture: Meetings will be on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 on March 2, March 9, and March 16
· Prevention: Meetings will be on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on March 3, March 10, and March 17
· Budget: Meetings will be on Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 on March 3, March 10, and March 17
· Workforce: Meetings will be on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on March 4, March 11, and March 18
· Recovery/Stigma: Meetings will be on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 on March 4, March 11, and March 18
· Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion: Meetings will be on Fridays at 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on March 5, March 12, and March 19
· Priority Issues: Meetings will be on Fridays at 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 on March 5, March 12, and March 19
All meetings will be held via Zoom. Meeting links will be sent when confirmation notices go out to all people who register to participate in one or more workgroups. All workgroups are scheduled to meet three times – on the same day and at the same time during three successive weeks.
Please let us know if you are interested in serving on one or more of these workgroups.
To do so, please
Each representative from your agency should respond using this link to register for one or more workgroups. Please note: Due to large, anticipated numbers, we are requesting that only one person from an agency participate in each workgroup.
We are on tight timeframes to organize and do this work. PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS INVITATION BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24th.
We look forward to your participation in this important effort!
Lauri Cole, John Coppola, and Amy Dorin on behalf of a Statewide Advisory Council Steering Committee